Alaska Input
Deirdre Helfferich
2005-11-17 00:59:45 UTC
Anybody out there willing to run? Districts in which the Dems have
given up would be a good choice.

Deirdre
Dear Fellow Greens,
The Green Party of Ohio has endorsed the National Priority
Proposal for the 2006 Election and is putting it forward as a
resolution for consideration by the National Committee of the Green
Party. We feel strongly that the party needs this as a general
framework for political unity for the 2006 election. Of course it
will be up each state party to determine it's own strategy, (whether
or not to use this approach.) We are seeking your input on this new
draft and looking for states to cosponsor the resolution.
Thanks,
Logan Martinez Dayton OH / 937-275-7259
National Priority Proposal for the 2006 Election (New Draft Outline}
Next year will be a very important year for the party and the
country. The party needs to focus it's energy and mobilize our
people and resources to have a major impact. 48 states will have
state representative, state senate and other statewide offices
elections in 2006. The national priority for 2006 should be to
encourage states to run candidates in these races to build a block of
green voters across the country and win elections. Early
recruitment of candidates is the key to making this happen. In some
states filing dates are fast approaching. We suggest the states run
candidates for their state House of Representatives. By this action
we will begin to challenge the system in a major way. State
representative races are the first rung of state government. State
representative districts are smaller in size than congressional
districts and in most cases lend themselves to grassroots door to
door neighborhood outreach. The Green Party has won two state
representative seats thus far, in California and Maine. We can win
in several more states if we make the effort.
Building a Green Wave for 2006, the Coordinated Campaign
Committee and the Steering Committee will develop a comprehensive
mobilization plan to recruit and use volunteers to support our
candidates. Our potential 'people power' has for the most part been
under utilized and we need to organize ourselves and our supporters
to maximize our impact to win races.
Seeking ballot access is mutually compatible with this
effort. The Coordinated Campaign Committee, the Steering Committee
and the states working on ballot access for next year need to come
up with a working plan on how to move forward. Where it's
applicable we need to organize regional mobilization to support
states working on ballot access. Expanding the number of states
that have ballot access is a national priority.
I'd like to ask the Coordinated Campaign Committee [CCC] to
compile a list of filing dates and requirements for each state.
Recruiting candidates for state legislatures could be the basis for
creating a state's overall slate of Green Party candidates. The
recruitment of good candidates for state representative should be a
national priority for the 2006 election.
I propose that we ask the Coordinated Campaign Committee
[CCC] and the Steering Committee to research and report on the
feasibility of establishing two pledge funds to support Green Party
candidates, a fund to aid Green congressional
candidates and a fund to aid statewide, state representative, state
senate and local candidates. Raising money is key to making a
successful campaigns. We can to do much better.
I believe we need to focus on (but not excessively) doable
races, city, town, and village councils and state representative
seats. These races are potentially winnable and are building blocks
for the long term. I also think we could be more competitive in a
couple of congressional races. (With a great amount of luck we may
be able to win one). I think with a major effort we could win
several state representative races which would go a long way to
build the party. To be competitive next year, we need to begin
mobilizing now.
Build the Green Wedge! Run with the Greens! Run as a Green!
In Solidarity, Logan Martinez Dayton OH / 937-275-7259 /
--
Deirdre Helfferich
Green Party of Alaska
http://www.tygreens.org
greenak
2006-01-24 22:24:24 UTC
Anchorage Greens meet Wed. Jan 25th at Title Wave bookstore at Spenard and
W. Northern Lights at the table in back. Please forward to all who may be
interested.

Some proposed agenda items:

1. Update: Court cases +
The AK Division of Elections attempt to remove Green Party from the
voter registration form.
2. Spring convention.
3. National delegate
4. Urge AK delegation to support substantive changes to lobbying and
campaign finance rules. Jim S will present a proposed draft.
5. Clean water effort for wastewater dumped into Cook Inlet