Latest: 9/11 Report: Support Peaceful Tomorrows
james m nordlund
2005-12-24 05:52:46 UTC
Good day.

Dear Friends,

This past Monday, members of the 9/11 Commission made a grim assessment:
four years after the Sept. 11 attacks, the nation remains alarmingly
vulnerable to terrorist strikes, including attacks with chemical,
biological or nuclear weapons. U.S. treatment of detainees has elicited
broad criticism and made it harder to build necessary alliances with
partners in a global war on terror. Public diplomacy is faltering.
Afghanistan needs a long-term economic plan. Reforms in Saudi Arabia and
Pakistan are not being supported. A board to oversee privacy and civil
liberties has not been created.

These issues have been at the center of Peaceful Tomorrows' work since our
founding in 2002. Today, they remain central to the security, freedom and
well-being of the entire world. Please consider making a tax-deductible
donation to Peaceful Tomorrows so we can continue to bring our unique
voice to bear on:

The futility of responding to terrorism with violence and war
The high civilian casualties that are the reality of modern warfare
The threats to civil liberties in post-9/11 America
The harsh realities faced by immigrants to the U.S.
The need to reject torture in favor of a foreign policy based on
principles of international law and human rights
The importance of honoring international treaties and conventions
The audience for our vital message is growing larger every day, as
evidenced in public opinion polls reflecting a loss of support for the
direction our nation has taken since September 11th, 2001. Help us to take
advantage of this teachable moment, and to chart a new direction that will
lead to real peace and security.

Peaceful Tomorrows is a project of the Tides Center, a 501c-3 non-profit
organization. We receive no money from 9/11 charities or disbursements,
depending entirely on individual and foundation grants to continue our
vital work. Thanks for your continuing support!

Click here to visit our website

http://www.peacefultomorrows.org/

Check out our plans to convene an international meeting of victims of war
and terrorism

Our members are active in their own communities. Click here to see what
they have been working on.

Click here to see and purchase our new DVD, 'Beyond Retribution'

Box 1818
Peter Stuyvesant Station
New York, New York 10009
United States

"Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"–Martin Luther
King, Jr.

No worries.