Peace Action: Support Murtha's Call to Bring Our Troops Home
james m nordlund
2005-11-24 16:40:14 UTC
Support John Murtha's Call to Bring Our Troops Home
Dear james m,

Last week, Congressman John Murtha (D-PA), longtime congressional hawk,
took a historic stand and came out against the war in Iraq and for
bringing our troops home. A decorated Korean and Vietnam veteran, Murtha
understands the realities of war, as opposed to President Bush and Vice
President Cheney, who received preferential treatment and multiple
deferments.

Now the Bush administration and its attack dogs are trying to smear
Murtha, calling him a coward and unpatriotic. As you know, on Friday of
last week, the Republican leadership in the House went so far as to force
a vote on a dummy version of his bill to bring home troops, in a ploy to
separate the so-called “cowards” from the “patriots.” Their cheap
political ploy only served to bring further attention to the lies and
deceptions that the administration told in the lead up to the war and
their obvious lack of an exit strategy now.

It's time to tell the administration and the media that America stands
with John Murtha, a brave and patriotic American, and that we are against
the Republican smear tactics!

Tell them that we want a real vote on the real Murtha resolution. The
resolution states as follows, “the deployment of United States forces in
Iraq, by direction of Congress, is hereby terminated and the forces
involved are to be redeployed at the earliest practicable date...The
United States of America shall pursue security and stability in Iraq
through diplomacy."

http://hq.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/pickMedia.jsp?letter_KEY=321

Using our template as a guide, write a letter to the editor of your local
paper today and tell them why you support Congressman John Murtha!

Peace,

Kevin Martin
Executive Director
Peace Action

P.S. Thanksgiving week is an ideal time to send a letter to the editor of
your local paper supporting Congressman Murtha because Senators and
Representatives are home on recess. Please have a happy Thanksgiving and
take a minute to send a message for Peace!

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/